This is a lightly spiced, low fat and crohns friendly soup; full of vitamins and nutrients.
Naturally sweetened from the sweet potato, no need to add sugar or honey.
- Sweet Potatoes; rich in Vitamins C and B6, they are also a good source of potassium and magnesium.
- Turmeric; an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, may also help improve symptoms of depression, and can boost your immune system.
- Cumin; a spice which increases antioxidant intake, promotes digestion and provides iron.
- 2 leeks, roughly sliced
- 1 celery stick, roughly diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2″ chunk of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pint of good quality stock, veg or chicken
- 400ml tin of low fat coconut milk
- Sauté the leeks and celery in a little olive oil, add the carrots and sweet potatoes.
- Cook for 5 minutes before adding ginger, garlic and the spices.
- Season well with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Add a handful of thyme leaves.
- Pour in the stock and the coconut milk.
- Cook on low for 20-25 minutes.
- Blend to be smooth and serve.