Chorizo Nugget Tortiglioni
- 250g Tortiglioni or Rigatoni
- Sea salt
- drizzle of olive oil for frying
- 4 chorizo sausages
- 3 large garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 80ml tomato frito, use passata if you can’t find frito
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- cracked black pepper
- 150ml single cream
- 25g flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Cook the pasta al dente; ie, to be firm to the bite. Make sure you salt the water. Reserve a few ladles of this water for later.
- Heat the oil, with a knife cut along the skin of the sausages and roughly break into nuggets/meatballs. You can roll them a little if you like but I just dropped mine straight into the oil.
- Cook the nuggets until browned and crisped, around 4-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the oil and let it sizzle for 1 minute before adding the tomato puree.
- Cook the puree and whisk into the oil for another minute then add the frito/passata.
- Add the paprika, chilli powder, a teaspoon of salt and some cracked black pepper.
- Add a ladle of the pasta water and keep stirring.
- Place the chorizo nuggets into the sauce and stir, add another ladle of the pasta water and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, the cooked pasta and the parsley, mix well.
- Serve with extra virgin olive oil, extra parsley and parmesan cheese.
Watch my #instagram reel here