Crunchy Garlic Chicken bake (AKA deconstructed Chicken Kiev)
This is a one pot dish, so easy to make and extremely more-ish! Very simple to cook, a great sharing dish to be mopped up with bread, or dip in some fries.
You can swap the chicken thighs for breast if you prefer, the thighs are a cheaper option and do not dry out so easily if cooked for too long.
- 850g boneless, skinless & boneless chicken thighs
- 75g melted butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 20g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 300ml white wine
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 50g panko breadcrumbs
- 20g grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the thighs in half and place into and oven dish or a deep pan that can go into the oven.
- Add the butter, oil, garlic cloves, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Evenly spread the chicken out into the dish, pour over the wine.
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix the panko, parmesan, oil and salt in a bowl.
- After 20 minutes carefully remove the pan and evenly sprinkle over the breadcrumb mixture over the chicken.
- Place back into the oven for another 15 minutes, uncovered, until golden on top.
- If using chicken breast reduce the cooking time a little, you do not want them to be dry.
- Mop up with bread or serve with vegetables. The sauce is delicious with crispy chicken and the breadcrumbs that cook into the juice thickens it to be a tasty broth.