I have been making this dressing for a long time, it is so delicious and creamy, the mango really makes it. In Spain there is a curry Mango bottled mayonnaise sauce which what I was inspired by those years ago. My original recipe used macadamia nuts, this recipe has cashews….you can choose either. Both are great for this.
The chicken is marinated in some of the dressing then chargrilled to be juicy and tasty.
- 4 Chicken breasts, chopped into even chunks. (see notes below)
- 1 Mango, skinned and flesh chopped into chunks
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 2″ chunk of ginger, peeled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 1 tbsp. runny honey
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. sweet chilli sauce
- large handful of nuts; cashews or macadamia nuts
- 3 tbsp. coconut milk, try and use the thicker cream.
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
To cut the chicken, the idea is to have each piece the same thickness so it cooks at the same time. I chop the thinner end away from the chicken breast then butterfly the thicker side, cutting all of the way through so you have even chunks).
- For the dressing, place all ingredients into a blender and blend into a smooth paste.
- Take a few tablespoons of the dressing and stir through the chicken to marinate. Leave for an hour. Save the rest of the dressing for later in the fridge.
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ, cook the chicken breasts until charred and juicy.
- Create your salad using which ingredients you like, my salad was made of baby gem lettuce, long slithers of cucumber, avocado, tomatoes and roasted peppers.
- Top with the hot chicken and drizzle over more of the dressing.
- Serve with crusty bread.