A light and creamy pasta dish, perfect for a meat free Monday.
Easy to follow and low calorie, part of my under 500 calorie meal plan recipes.
25 minutes total cooking time
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g courgette, sliced into rounds then half moons
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 60g soft goats cheese
- 2 tbsp. light soft cheese
- 150ml pasta water
- 20g fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice and zest
- sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in water with a pinch of the salt. Cook to be al dente and reserve 150ml of the pasta water.
- Heat the oil, add the courgette and cook until a light golden colour.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the cheeses and let these melt into the pan.
- Pour in the pasta water and whisk the juice so the cheese melts.
- Add the parsley, lemon juice and a teaspoon of salt and the pepper.
- Mix well then stir the spaghetti through the sauce and serve with a little lemon zest sprinkled on top.