3 cheese Mac ‘n’ Cheese with smoked Bacon
This is not for the healthy eaters out there, this is packed with cheese, it includes my sun-blush tomatoes which gives it a little sweetness, and smoked bacon because why not!
- 350g pasta, your choice of pasta shape, cooked al dente
- 125g smoked bacon, diced small
- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp. plain flour
- 600ml whole milk
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. paprika
- pinch of chilli powder
- 130g mozzarella cheese
- 130g red leicester cheese, grated
- 130g cheddar cheese, grated
- Greek basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. sun-blushed tomatoes (see my recipe here…sun-blushed tomatoes)
- Fry the bacon until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon and place onto kitchen paper to drain, set aside.
- Melt the butter into the bacon fat, then add the flour and cook and stir for a couple of minutes, gently pour in a little of the milk and whisk so it is combined without lumps. Keep whisking and pour in the remaining milk.
- Keeping it on a simmer, add the chilli, paprika and chilli powder and stir, then add the cheeses. (Keep a handful of each cheese for the topping).
- Once the sauce has thickened and the cheeses are melted add a good handful of basil leaves and the cooked pasta, mix until it is all combined.
- Place into an oven dish and then dot over the tomatoes.
- Add the remaining cheese, sprinkle over more basil leaves then drizzle over a little of the tomato oil.
- Place under a grill, and cook until the cheese on top is bubbling and browned.
Also find me on cooklybookly.com