This curry is that tasty you cannot stop eating it!!
I always loved satay as I love peanuts and you can use the basis of this recipe to make chicken satay skewers and cook it on a BBQ!!
- Satay Marinade:
- 200g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 7 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 7 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chilli flakes
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 Onion Chopped into Large Chunks
- 400ml can of Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp. garden peas
- Handful of peanuts, chopped roughly
- Whisk all of the satay marinade ingredients in a bowl and taste. You do not need to add salt as the soy is salty enough.
- Stir in the chicken and let it marinade, preferably overnight, but an hour is enough if short on time.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok, and gently cook the onions until soft, but not brown. Pour in the chicken and all of its marinade, cook for 2 minutes. It will stick a little just keep stirring.
- Add the coconut milk and the peas, cook for a further 6-8 minutes, so the chicken is just cooked and tender.
- Serve with rice and a sprinkle of chopped peanuts.
PRINTER FRIENDLY OPTION
Chicken Satay Curry
200g Smooth Peanut Butter
7 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
7 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Curry Powder
3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1/2 tsp. chilli flakes
2 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
1 tbsp. Coconut oil
1 Onion Chopped into Large Chunks
400ml can of Coconut Milk
3 tbsp. garden peas
Handful of peanuts, chopped roughly
Put all of the satay marinade ingredients into a bowl and whisk and taste. Stir the chicken into the bowl and let it marinade for about a hour.
In a wok or deep frying pan heat some oil and cook the onions until soft. Add in the green beans and fry for a minute.
Pour in the chicken and all of its marinade into the pan and cook until the chicken is white in colour.
Now add in the coconut milk, you may not need the whole can, start with half and taste. You do not want to loose all of your spice flavour. If it is too spicy add a bit more.
Add in your peas and cook until the chicken, beans and peas are cooked.
Sprinkle some chopped peanuts on the top and serve.
Serve with Egg Fried Rice…..